Problems With Seagate's Advanced Replacement Service - Follow Up to Please Read This Before Buying A Maxtor DiamondMax Hard Drive

Old August 13th 07, 06:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Pecos[_2_]

Default Problems With Seagate's Advanced Replacement Service - Follow Up to Please Read This Before Buying A Maxtor DiamondMax Hard Drive

It has taken more than four months but I have finally returned the
refurbished Maxtor hard drive that failed. See
http://www.pecos-softwareworks.com/a..._identity.html

I had some problems getting a prepaid return label that I should have
received with Seagate's Advanced Replacement service. See
http://tinyurl.com/36lsue#Problems

--
Alan Norton - Pecos SoftWareWorks
Review of Foxconn 975X7AB-8EKRS2H, ECS P965T-A and ABIT AN8 SLI MB's,
Old August 13th 07, 11:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:07:22 -0500, Pecos
wrote:

It has taken more than four months but I have finally returned the
refurbished Maxtor hard drive that failed.

blinkblink

Why am I feeling so sadistic?

This saga is as if Rod Sterling appeared on the Twilight
Zone.

Back in May you wrote:

"I noted that they have a program that would allow me to
receive a hard drive via two day air before returning the
bad drive. They would also send the packaging needed for
returning the bad drive (which I need) and prepay for the
return shipping. This would cost $19.99."

At that point you were told there was no reason to do this.

When they send you the replacement drive in advance, it
COMES in the packaging you can use to return the faulty
drive. You had no need to buy packaging, and no need to
pre-pay for a shipping label instead of just taking the
address they provide for RMA returns, putting it in the
replacement drive box and packing material then dropping it
off at your local shipper like everyone else does.

RMA'ing a drive to Maxtor takes about 5 minutes plus the
time to drive to the shipper, not months. The more
elaborate the procedure becomes where you are depending on
someone else and multiple processing steps, the more likely
there will be a problem.
Old August 13th 07, 11:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:08:53 -0400, kony
wrote:

blinkblink

Why am I feeling so sadistic?

This saga is as if Rod Sterling appeared on the Twilight
Zone.

LOL, I meant if Rod Sterling appeared on Monty Python's
Flying Circus.