5600se vs 5600xt

Old February 13th 04, 12:21 AM
-=Matt=-

Default 5600se vs 5600xt

Hi there all,

I'm wondering about something. In my PC nestles the fine figure of a
(quoting from the display properties) GeForce FX 5600 XT card. Now, having
done a little research (I can find little about it!), I can ascertain that
this is a cheapo, given a whack in the back of the legs, version of the
proper 5600 for the Eastern market. Ok.

Now, comes the slightly interesting bit. According to my invoice, my PC
*should* have come with a GeForce FX 5600 'SE', with TV out, I might add.
I'm not bothered about not having a TV out port (I have a TV to watch TV
on), but that what I have may be 'slower' than what I should have had.
Strangely, I've not found much mention about the SE version on the web
either, only that it too is the slightly confused, younger dimmer brother
version of the plain 5600.

Should I be knocking some heads together, or be thinking, "Who, gives a
monkeys, I won't be able to tell the difference anyway."

Thanks, advice gratefully appreciated.

-=Matt=-

Old February 13th 04, 02:38 AM
The Chief

I had 5600xt... for 2 days... get rid of it. If you can, of course.

And there is a TV-out on it.
Old February 13th 04, 03:54 AM
-=Matt=-

"The Chief" wrote in message
I had 5600xt... for 2 days... get rid of it. If you can, of course.

And there is a TV-out on it.

Hmm... I might take yout advise then!
Well, I might be able to get the pc company to swap the 5600xt for the5600SE
we were supposed to get. Is the SE any better?

Cheers,

-=Matt=-

Old February 13th 04, 09:53 AM
Darthy

SAME ****, different name...

The CHEAPEST usable fx card is the 5600Ultra... anything else is SLOW
SLOW... but the 5700s are about $150~220...

But the FASTER 5900xts are $170~200 too.. and smoke the 5700s.

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:21:41 -0000, "-=Matt=-"
wrote:

[...]

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old February 13th 04, 01:27 PM
Dark Avenger

"-=Matt=-" wrote in message ...
"The Chief" wrote in message
I had 5600xt... for 2 days... get rid of it. If you can, of course.

And there is a TV-out on it.

Hmm... I might take yout advise then!
Well, I might be able to get the pc company to swap the 5600xt for the5600SE
we were supposed to get. Is the SE any better?

Cheers,

-=Matt=-

The SE is just a XT, so not an inch better!