GA-7VRXP: rev. 1.0 or 2.0? And FSB 333?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 15th 04, 10:33 PM
Mike

Default GA-7VRXP: rev. 1.0 or 2.0? And FSB 333?

Hello,

I have a Gigabyte 7VRXP, bought in july 2002. No problems (except Top
Performance won't work) and I'm quite happy with it. But after some searching I
still cannot the answers to some questions. Maybe someone here can help me?

1. How can I see if I have the 1.0/1.1/2.0 version? The board itself says
2.0~~~~~~~~~~~ but both WCPUID and SiSoft Sandra 2004 say 1.0 What is it?
2. How do I know if a 333MHz processor (like a Athlon 2800) will work on this
board? Can I just increase the FSB to 166?

The reason is that I would like to upgrade, not too expensive. A new processor
is 'nessessary' but Athlon 2600 is too slow. 2800 is cheap, FSB 333 together
with my DDR333 wil give a nice boost. I understand that the 7VRXP officially
doesn't support a FBS of 333 but the KT333 should, right?

Can anyone help me?

Greetings and thanks in advance,
Mike (from The Netherlands)