Old July 18th 06, 03:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
[email protected]

Default XFX company... Did anyone have problems with their support?

My friend, who got me the XFX card and RMA'ed twice so far, shows me why XFX has bad support:

Session Start (ant:O): Mon Jul 17 23:04:16 2006
[23:04] O: xfx support REALLY ****es me off now.
[23:04] *** Auto-response sent to O: AFK: Ant is currently temporarily away from his computer at
the moment. He is probably in the restroom or somewhere close by...
[23:18] O: they called me today...and said they didn't find what i reported to them wrong.
[23:18] O: and i said...oh?...
[23:18] O: he said..yea..the fan spins.
[23:18] O: and i told him that I never reported the fan not working.
[23:19] O: so he told me that's not what he saw on the ticket.
[23:19] O: so i told him what had gone on.
[23:19] O: how it was a second bad card..the nvidia control panel problem..and what not.
[23:19] O: and he's like..oh..i don't see that.
[23:19] O: i'm like..because it's an extension of the original ticket from the first rma.
[23:20] O: what a bunch of liars.
[00:47] *** "O" signed off at Tue Jul 18 00:47:15 2006.

Frustrating!!

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia wrote:
Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.

I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
Bad comments on
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
(bottom section about XFX).

Thank you in advance.

--
"... [Let us inquire] what glory there was in an omnipotent being torturing forever a puny little creature who could in no way defend himself? Would it be to the glory of a man to fry ants?" --Charlotte Perkins Gilman
/\___/\
( )