Old June 22nd 06, 03:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

Default XFX company... Did anyone have problems with their support?

wrote:

Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.

I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
Bad comments on
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
(bottom section about XFX).

Thank you in advance.

Strange, I've had one dealing with XFX-support, and they replied very
fast to my e-mails on the support-page. I've had a broken fan on a
GeForce4 card, and they posted me a free one. No proof of anything,
they only wanted the serial of the card, that's all.
This was some years ago, maybe it's gotten bad since, and I must add
that their replacement fan broke down only days later.
I put in a fan of my own, and it's been playing ever since.