Old January 19th 09, 03:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Mike Ray

Default Catalyst resolution settings not sticking?

Gary wrote:
I've since tried other earlier versions, the problem seems to be appear with
the big change in Catalyst, I think when it requires Net Framework to
function. Anyone know the final version before this?

It seems such a glaring error I'm amazed that no-one else has encountered it
and that it's not been fixed by now.

I just put upgraded to a HD3650. If CCC has to reset my card my desk top
always goes back to 1024x768 (from 1280x1024). This only seems to happen
with one game (Raven Shield) and then not often. A bigger problem I has
is CCC, for some reason, begins to grow in memory usage until my desk
top begins to slow down and then studder. I have to start Task Manager
and close CCC which fixes everything. I would remove CCC but the card
reset lets me continue the online game to get to good exit point (or get
killed...LOL). I used the driver on the HD3650's CD, I will update
sometime soon.