Old August 19th 03, 09:06 AM
NewB

I don't have problems with a more accurate reported cpu temp.
However, afaik, that temp is interconnected to so many other things.
If you change the calibration so that it reports higher, then you have
to change the range and settings that were keyed to the prior reported
level.

Also, from what leon just reported, he has used an independent temp
probe to confirm that the CPU temp actually has risen, but this could
be due to the increased vcore I suppose.

rant
I think raising the vcore in bios was maybe not so good. Lots of
people might not want a raised vcore and worse, might not be aware of
it. Experienced users can raise the vcore easier/more comfortably
than newbees can lower it back to factory spec.
/rant

Also, I have an aluminum case with 4 fans [1 ducted intake fan blowing
right over 1/2 the cpu/hsf to feed it with lots of cooler outside air]
and if you look at the numbers, it is the temp differential I
highlighted, with CPU reporting over 40C higher than the system temp.
Isn't something wrong there? esp for an UNDERclocked system?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:31:41 +0100, "BigBadger"
opined in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd:

Almost certainly it is only the 'reported' temperature that has changed, not
the actual cpu temperature. If you are using stock HS without good case
ventilation 69C could be accurate.

"NewB" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:32:39 +1200, "geeman"
opined in
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte:

Hi all,
I hope someone can shed some light on this, I've downloaded and updated

with
the "official" f10 bios. I can finally use easyTune4, for all but the
multiplier settings this isn't functioning, is there something in the

bios I
have to enable/disable. Yes I'm running it in "advanced mode"
My specs are as follows: XP2100, Single stick of 512 DDR 2700 ram, 1x

80gig
seagate,1x 60gig seagate (on IDE 1) Writer, DVD(on IDE 2) GF4 4400, icute
350watt psu...Win2k PRO SP 4, XP Pro SP 1a, yes I am logged on as admin

any
ideas?

I just reflashed to f9.

I had updated to F10 but the CPU temp soared. With F9 I was running
34C system and 43C CPU. Flashing to F10 caused the system to go to
35C and the CPU to 69C, setting off alarms which were set at 65C.
Even under stress tests, I never got over 60C with F9.

As to Easytune4 under F10, the 5V monitor is missing. Also, the
system Bus can't be changed to anything less than 166Mhz. Other
feature finally have been enabled, but The CPU temp was too much to
leave F10.

Is 69C a more accurate temp that I was properly concerned with? Was
the new bios actually causing overheating or just giving a truer temp
output? 69C seems much higher than O/Crz usually report.