Old September 12th 04, 01:46 AM
Colin Wilson

Default SP2 / Dim2400 - speed issues

I installed SP2 last night without a hitch (or so it seemed), but the
system is now dog slow to do anything (except boot up, which settled down
nicely after several reboots).

I use ZoneAlarm 4.5 (full) and Kaspersky Personal Anti-Virus so I had to
tell the damn security applet they force on users to disable monitoring
for those components, but the way things are looking, SP2 will be getting
UNinstalled within the next 24 hours due to the performance issues.
Its running slower than the 300Mhz celery it replaced.

Not impressed.