Old May 7th 19, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Better FLAC Player ? Fast, Good playlist, Low CPU ?

On Tue, 07 May 2019 10:13:53 -0400, Larc
wrote:

I like PotPlayer and I have found it to be excellent with all types of audio and
video files including FLAC. There are 32 and 64 bit versions. One caviat: it's so
highly configurable that choices seem to be unending. Free, of course.

https://potplayer.daum.net/

Larc

Potplayer is the only thing I've used for the past 5 or 10 years. Some
don't like it for being Korean software. Although SMPlayer was "the
player" -- before PotPlayer showed up, distanced by a superior quality
-- SMPlayer then in turn has improved itself to be almost equal to
PotPlayer's video rendering.

I even managed a basic DSP wrapper for "broadcasting-grade" commercial
StereoTool, (also in English, I'm just behind TOR and likely echoing
off a German/Dutch relay). . .into PotPlayer.
http://forums.stereotool.com/viewtopic.php?t=1097
An older and limited version of StereoTool. That's something that
SMPlayer will not handle, DSP wrappers, last I looked, and is where
StereoTool really puts the dampers on a mess of blasted sound effects
the film industry dearly loves.

But it's still apples and oranges: video is video with incident or
it's own brand of sound, whereas stereo is something else entitled to
its own domain of high-end recording tools and, to some extent, a
decent capacity for players incorporating, no less, high-end
processing modules.

Which is where Foobar is at, besides being Russian and well-recognized
"presence", I've noticed they've had to adapt in some occasions, to
our customs, neither far from perhaps a likelihood over issues the
RIAA or broadcasting interests might otherwise have when viewing a
digital domain of computer advancements among enthusiasts of sound
reproduction.

Hm ... how now to say FLAC, when Amazon was for the longest, if not
still is, deliberately selling encoded music at some reduced sampling
rate, a lower subset within the original German invention, from 20 to
30 years back, of psychoacoustic MP3 software modeling.