Old December 27th 03, 11:00 PM
evil Homer

"Bruce Tyler" wrote in message You should try to overclock
(only if you have the nerve) until you
start to get symptoms of bad behaviour...
Go up in increments of 5 on each scale, from your present setting, and
when you start to get ill behaviour, back off a few steps and call it
quits there. I would guess that you should be able to get over 300/600
with that card BUT = Don't take my word. This is an exercise in
"your" nerves, not mine...

You should run a game that demands a lot from your system, to really
test it out. Run it for about 5 minutes each time, while you pass
judgement on your card at that speed...

Be careful though. Symptoms could include..
White lines developing in your images - looking like a cracked mirror.
Graphics tearing - Images look like they are comming apart at the
seams..
Jumping - Images start to bounce around indicating instability.
Lockups - Self explanatory..
Rebooting - You guess..!!!
Funny smell - Overheating - The last warning before impending
self-destruct.

Any one of these (and/or more symptoms) and you should immediately
back off a few increments as you have found your limit...

Well, I've managed to get to 285/585 before encountering problems, so I
think this is the max this card is going to reach. Started to get tearing
and artifacts across screen, and any higher than that caused a system
lockup.