Old January 20th 17, 10:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
(PeteCresswell)

Default Mobo Recommendation?

I want to replace the Mobo/CPU on a DriveBender box that has been giving
me fits.

My 24-7 PC has a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF in it.

I am perfectly happy with that board and would buy a second one except
they do not seem tb available.

My only requirements:

- Full-sized ATX

- At least 5 SATA headers

- At least 1 PCI Ex16 slot

- Accept Intel i7 CPU.

i7 is probably wretched excess for the application at hand, but my
rationale is that, if the 24-7 PC goes belly-up, I will have a capable
backup machine.

I see something called Z97X-UD5H that sounds like it might be the
successor to my UD4H... and it certainly has the SATA headers...

Can somebody offer a recommendation?
--
Pete Cresswell