Old March 22nd 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default KV8-MX - How to set memory timing

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 03:11:01 GMT, (Paul) wrote:

In article , Shadow sh@dow wrote:

Cant find it. Using DDR 400, but unstable. Want to try 300.
Cant find it in manual or actual bios.
TIA

Have you tried "Memclock Mode" set to [Manual] ?
The user manual claims more settings will be exposed if you
try that setting, but there are no pictures of the new
settings you will see.

Paul

Thanks, the option was grayed out and I assumed it could not be
changed.
My memory is Kingston 3200

Any idea what the best settings might be ?

The bios had defaulted to 200Mz bus
I changed that to 400Mz (2:1), and I must confess, no difference felt
at all.

TIA