Old January 12th 04, 04:26 PM
Chris Windsor

Some of the Antec cases have a design flaw in the frontside USB connectors;
they work for USB1.1 but not 2.0... I contacted Antec and they sent me a
replacement connector module (free of charge, of course).

"jim evans" wrote in message

I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard in a Antec SX635BII. The
cable for the front panel USB connectors is a godawful thing with tiny
individual sockets for each of the 8 pins.

Because of the risk of connecting the pins wrong I did it with a
friend. I determined where each pin should go, he connected them and
I checked to be sure they were right.

Neither front panel connector worked. So, we switched roles -- he
directed and checked and I connected the sockets.

Still, neither front panel connector works.

Based on the printing on the tiny sockets they're wired as follows:

#1 +5v red
#1 -D white
#1 +D green
#1 ground brown

#2 +5 orange
#2 -D yellow
#2 +D gray
#2 ground purple

unused ground blue & black wires
[the SX635BII manual says there are only 8 wires but there are 9 or 10
depending on how you count this double]

I assume the cable is wired wrong. But, both channels?

Anybody else had this problem?

jim