Old September 25th 04, 01:57 AM
John Hall

I wonder why ATI doesn't tweak their own drivers. After all, they have the
engineers who compiled the drivers in the first place. I have used the
Omega drivers and I don't think there is anything wrong with them. But I
don't believe the drivers themselves are tweaked. I think that Omega just
adds a bunch of cool tools and a different Control Panel interface to help
the overclockers.

JK

"Aki Peltola" wrote in message
"Eugen T" wrote
Omega drivers are compatible with ALL ATI cards. Check out their
websites. And no, ATI's own drivers do not deliver best overall
performance - that's why there are tweaked drivers out there like
Omega and at least 3 other types.

And difference between all those modded drivers in
practice is something like 1fps and max 100 points in
3DMark compared to official Catalysts, so we are
certainly talking about massive differences here :-)

Not to mention that old familiar "Whoa, this game truly
FEELS like running smoother with these drivers!" thing.

Isn't it always like that when people update their drivers,
everything mystically feels like running much better.
Advertisements from the driver's author also do help a
bit creating this illusion...