Old October 28th 06, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Sontag

Default NF325-A7 Biostar AMD 754 Processor Power On Problem

I have a power on problem I do not understand. This board has a
JATXPWR ... the "extra" 4 pin power connector... When I first powered
up this build it would not post .. no beep ..no nothing. After
trouble shooting for some sort of short ... which I did not find ,,, I
unpluged this "extre" 4 pin +12v connector. Now the board posts.

I do not have it hooked up to a monitor yet so I do not know if it
really works, but I am assuming since the connector is there the
system will not work without it?

The connector is keyed with two rounded female pins so I think I have
connected it right.

Now my thinking is the power supply is bad... it is an Ultra ... given
the reviews it is the next thing I will change ... unless someone has
a better idea.

Thanks

David