Old September 4th 03, 08:41 AM
[D.A]!@#Bourne

if u are even considering play HL2 then forget either 5600 series or the
9600 series. just get a 9800 non pro or a 9700 pro if u can find a cheap
deal. i have always found its easier to overclock atis than nvidias. u might
have a different opinion. also the 9800 non pro is easily overclockable to
the pro speeds if u up the agp voltage a lil bit on the bios . better yet is
flashing it with a 9800 pro bios which makes it even better. it sets the
speeds to a stock 9800 pro card and then o/c is even more tempting. but for
the new directx 9 games coming out stick to the highest series as the middle
and lower ones will perish without much ado.
"Jethro[AGHL]" wrote in message
Looking at either a MSI FX5600-VTDR128 (CAN$237) or MSI FX5600-TDR256
(CAN $267).
The only differences I see are that the VTDR has VIVO capabilities with
the fancy remote control which don't excite me as I have another PC for
playing movies on the TV.
Any other pro\cons between either card? I was leaning towards the
5600-TDR256 to get more RAM on the card.
Running an AMD 2400+ and using it for games like HL2 which is out soon.

Any thoughts?
--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Phat Clan: http://phats.clanpages.com