Old March 24th 04, 08:21 AM
Alien Zord

"AW" wrote in message
. ..
I recently purchased an OEM version of the SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 for a
computer I was building at home (the full title is CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER
LIVE! DE 5.1 OEM and the part # is SB0220). When it came time to install

the
card, I noticed that there was no CD IN connector on the board.

snip

I've never seen a sound card without a CD-in either. However, you do not
need any CD audio cables nowadays. Just enable Digital CD audio extraction.
Depending on your OS its either in the Control Panel/Multimedia/CD Music or
Device Manager/CDROM drives/Property of the drive.

Line-in, CD-in, AUX or Video-in all have the same signal level specification
so you cannot damage the sound card by plugging CDROM audio cable into any
of them.