Old January 3rd 05, 07:27 PM
BBUNNY

"chris" wrote in message
Hi,
my wife recently aquired an oldish ex work PC which I would like to reuse
for our kids as the spec is still resonable and it has a fiar amount of
memory /disk - however the problem is the power on and reset switches on
the main case. They only work perhaps once in 50 or so times so I
wondered if there was a way of replacing these or just bypassing the
switches and hardwiring and using the main PSU on/off switch to power the
PC?

I'm not sure what effect taking out these switches would have.

Any ideas appreciated -

TIA
Chris

Start from the beginning. Use a screw driver touching the two posts to see
if
it will start and reset from there. This will tell if it is in the switch
or the Mainboard.
I have also seen this behavior with a bad BIOS flash. ie using a BIOS from
Asus instead of Hewlett Packard. But first find out if the switch itself is
broken.