Old February 21st 09, 04:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
i are an english speaker

Default Buy Dell w/Vista Now or Wait Until Fall for Windows 7?

Thanks for your reply. So you're suggesting that I buy a pair, you
mean 2GB's worth? I just checked Dell's parts and it only costs
$17.99 per 1 GB Module for Dell Dimension 4700 Series System. Now I
would like to get 2, if I can.

Do you know how can I check to see if I actually have room for 2 GB?
Thanks agian.

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:28:19 -0500, Ben Myers
wrote:

Why not upgrade the memory in your Dimension 4700? With only 512MB, it
is starved for memory, and probably beats the hard drive to (near-)death
using the swap file (aka virtual memory). You probably have a pair of
256MB sticks of memory, so get yourself a pair of 1GB DDR2 DIMMs,
install them, sit back, relax and notice the difference. The added
memory will get you through the next six months, at least, and maybe
even a year, which is more likely when Windows 7 (aka Vista Service Pack
2 :) ships... Ben Myers