Old August 10th 03, 07:24 PM
Markus

Default Netserver LH power supply pin assignm't vs. ATX

Hello there !
Got an old HP Netserver LH 5/100 and are about to "implant" him a whole new
heart, i.e. I will install a Tyan Dual slot-1 m/b with an ATX format. And
the latter is what I'm struggeling with :

The power supply that came with the LH5 (part no. 0950-2909) seems to be a
mixture between AT and ATX. I.e., the connectors are part AT, another part
seems to be proprietary.

As I said, it matched perfectly with the ATX pin-out, only difference being
that the HP PS does not have a green "power on" line, but a pair of
purple/black wires that go to a socket called "power supply enable
connector". Is that the same as the power on switch connector on a regular
ATX board ? And if the purple is power on, doesn't the PS have a +5V
stand-by ?

Anybody ever got some experience with that ?
1k thanks in advance !

cheers,
Markus