Old May 29th 10, 03:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops
BillW50

Default Display problem Acer Aspire 5630

On 5/29/2010 6:09 AM, Han wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm tagging this reply on to Bill's because his is the last in the
thread at the moment. First of all, let me say AARRGGHH!!! - because
Ben was right! It was just a matter of altering the brightness by the
key combination of Fn and right arrow key to increase it (left arrow
to decrease). All that time, money and effort spent and I needn't
have done any of it.

Ah well, such is life. I've learned a good lesson today )

Now, to try and justify my position and recover a bit of self-esteem,
I can say in my defence, your honour, that (a) I had no idea about
that key combination (b) there's an Intel graphics utility installed
and within that there are sliders for brightness, contrast, colour
and gamma - but altering the brightness slider there does _not_ have
the same effect at all as the key combination, which is why I
continued thinking something was faulty and (c) I've never knowingly
altered the brightness at all anyway. It's always been perfect at the
default setting and I've had it about 3 years.

It's a complete mystery as to how the brightness was turned down in
the first place and, like I said, I didn't know about the key
combinations, but it's all sorted now so a big 'thank you' to all you
guys, especially Ben.

Cheers
John

Thanks for the thread, John, Ben& Bill. My Aspire 3680 uses the
control right/left arrow combo too. So much easier than going through
theexpl utility.

I meant the FUNCTION right/left arrow combo.

Well the bright side is you have spare parts now. I personally love
having spare parts myself. ;-)

--
Bill
Thunderbird Portable 3.0 (20091130)