Old August 7th 05, 01:32 PM
S.Lewis

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a nearly new Inspiron 2200. Microphone input isn't working
right. Dell chat line representative insists on scheduling technician
to replace the motherboard.

Unfortunately, the technician leaves two screws loose when replacing
the mobo. I have the tech come back to fix this mysterious new buzzing
noise.

This time, I make the mistake of handing the laptop to the tech while
it is still in hibernation mode. I do not realize this is a mistake at
the time, but I soon find out. The tech doesn't check the machine's
power status; he immediately removes the motherboard while it is still
in hibernation.

After this, the machine starts acting funky -- primarily freezing
during or shortly after bootup.

snip

"System exchange".

Stew