Old January 17th 04, 05:26 PM
Lew

Default Replacing master hard drive

I have an HP 6746 and want to replace my master drive (which is 30GB) with a
160GB hard drive. I'd like to make my old 30GB hard drive a slave. Since
the old hard drive is in an awkward position and I'd rather not attempt to
move it. When I set the jumpers on the old drive to slave (still connected
to the master IDD and power supply) and set the new 160GB drive to master
(using the slave IDD and power suppply) the computer doesn't recognize
either drive. If I connect the new 160GB drive to the master IDD and power
supply that drive is recognized. The slave IDD and power supply may not
reach my old 30 GB drive, so I may need to purchase a male-female IDD and
power supply to reach it. If I connect the original 30GB drive (setting
jumper to slave) to the slave IDD and power supply will that do the trick?