Old March 15th 08, 07:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Canon IP5000 light cyan and light magenta gone

It is not worth repairing anyway.  Just get a new printer for around $80.00.  It uses better ink anyway.

DanG wrote:

"Christopher Jones" wrote in message ...

On the nozzle check pattern, the light cyan and light magenta stripes are completely missing. Have tried everything I can think of: nozzle cleaning, nozzle deep cleaning, print head alignment, new ink tanks, new print head, remove and reinstall drivers, but the problem persists. Is there anything else I can try before consigning this printer to oblivion?

If a new head didn't fix it, then you have a dead printer. At least, not worth the expense of repairing.