Old March 15th 08, 03:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

Default Canon IP5000 light cyan and light magenta gone

"Christopher Jones" wrote in
message ...

On the nozzle check pattern, the light cyan and light magenta stripes
are completely missing. Have tried everything I can think of: nozzle
cleaning, nozzle deep cleaning, print head alignment, new ink tanks, new
print head, remove and reinstall drivers, but the problem persists.

Is there anything else I can try before consigning this printer to
oblivion?

If a new head didn't fix it, then you have a dead printer. At least, not
worth the expense of repairing.