Old May 11th 06, 06:07 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
Everytime I print, I get the message below.
Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
manual.
Thanks

Black BJ Cartridge Detected
Job: Untitled
Click OK after replacing cartridge
current print job requires color BJ cartridge
or
CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
This may result in unpredictable output

I used to have this printer. If I am remembering correctly, when you click
on "Print" you get a popup box that lets you enter # of copies, etc.. Click
on "Properties" tab, somewhere in there you can choose the cartridge to use.
If you don't do that and you are printing, let's say a document that has
color, it will detect that and you will get the messages you noted. I think
to get it to do what I suggested all the time, you can create a custom
profile and choose it as a default. My memory is a bit fuzzy but check out
all the tabs.