Old April 26th 07, 09:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

Default Question about redundant power supplies

Rick,
Some OS and/or versions won't utilize all 4 cpu's anyway. Check your OS.
Phil

On 2007-04-25, Phil wrote:

40 is rather high unless you have every option that can be had. If it is

4
cpu, and in your case you don't need them, remove two cpu's and insert
terminators in their place and power cost is usually 17ish a month

average.
That 6400 pulls a little less than the DL580 even with 4 gig of ram.

That
unit will also run on 1 cpu for even more savings.
I may have terminators if you need them.

That $40 figure was a high-wild guess based on the max 450w power supply
figure.. I do have quad CPU's and find them very peppy and could scale
back to a couple if needed since I do have a bag full of terminators and
space CPU's (550Mhz & 500Mhz models).. I might try that when its time to
take the machine down.. Thanks!