Old April 24th 07, 12:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Rick F.

Default Question about redundant power supplies

On 2007-04-23, Jez T wrote:

The power consumption of a server remains the same whether on 1 or 2 power
supplies. For a power supply to be redundant, it has to be online and able
to provide 100% of the servers power needs virtually immeduately, so when
they're redundant, each power supply should be running at just under 50%
capacity.

Make sense?

Sounds reasonable I guess.. Unfortunately, I can't test the theory right now
since my redundant supply is DOA and needs to be fixed/replaced (likely to be
replaced since they're so cheap)