Old July 26th 03, 11:49 PM
vassili

Default Looking for a new Asus motherboard, need advice please

Hello NG !

I want to upgrade my computer and I'm looking for a new motherboard. Asus of
course ... (I've had a TX97, a P2B and now I have a CUBX, without any major
problem).
But I'm lost with all the new Asus MB models.
I need a motherboard
- supporting at least a 2 GHz (Intel, but why not an AMD if there is no
compatibility problem with hard or software)
- supporting at least 1 GB RAM (but I don't know wich type of RAM)
- integrated sound, 2 x firewire, 4 x USB, LAN, 2 serial, parallel,
- integrad video if the new one (not like the i810) are OK for photo and
video editing (I'm not a player)
- with at least 3 PCI and an AGP port
- with 4 IDE controllers for up to 8 IDE devices (like my CUBX)
Which MB model will match my needs ?

Thanks for your time and help
vassili