Old July 14th 03, 06:14 PM
Mike

"David Wang" wrote in message
Mike mike@nospam wrote:
Can someone tell me whether an Pentium 4, 2.8ghz chip with

hyperthreading,
FSB of 800mhz and DDR 400 will equal or surpass in performance of a dual
XEON 2.4ghz, 533FSB, and DDR266?

Depends on your workload. What does your workload look like?

--
davewang202(at)yahoo(dot)com

I have an earlier P4 without HT running at 1.5ghz with my CPU being the
bottleneck for a server app. I could use a second CPU but not the expense
of it. If hyperthreading does actually appear and work as a second CPU it
should likely be enough while saving me $ in the process. Not sure what is
reality or hype. I also hate to have to spend an extra $1000 on a dual XEON
only to find out the performance increase was only a few percent over an HT
P4.