Old May 22nd 06, 05:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.x

Default My monitor went black in Linux/Debian (X) and text mode earlier today...

In comp.os.linux.hardware Whoever wrote:

On Sun, 21 May 2006, wrote:

About over an hour ago, I was watching a long video (FLV file; not fullscreen) for about 30 minutes in GMPlayer on
my Linux/Debian box (Linux foobar 2.6.14-2-k7 #1 Wed Dec 28 19:14:46 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux) while my
gaming/Windows box was doing SpinRite stuff (so far no errors, but I will resume overnight since it has 8 hours to

I suggest you read this:
http://www.grcsucks.com/spinrite.htm

and then think about how productive those hours spent doing "Spinrite
stuff" are.

Interesting. Then, what do you suggest using? I already tried chkdsk.exe, Norton Disk Doctor, and SeaTools
Desktop so far. Nothing unusual. I had to stop SpinRite since it said it would be about 8 hours, on my 95 GB
partition/drive so I decided to save it for tonight.
--
"Be thine enemy an ant, see in him an elephant." --Turkish Proverb
/\___/\
( )