Old December 16th 05, 01:10 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default New hard disk architectures

GSV Three Minds in a Can wrote
Bitstring , wrote
Rod Speed said
YKhan wrote:

Well, actually, that's one of the things they were talking
about, integrated flash on the motherboard vs. in the drive.

Yeah, I read the article. I was commenting on your subject line.

Not convinced for most desktop systems tho, even on the motherboard.

Could be useful in laptops.

It would allow an even deeper level of coma than 'Hibernation' I guess

Faster than hibernate anyway.

.. you could turn the power off or pull the wall plug and still resume where
you left off.

And it could choose to leave the hard drive off most of the time.

If the speed was right (which could be arranged) then maybe you could use it
as some place to store %bloatwaredir% and get even cold boots going PDQ.

Yeah, that's what the article is mostly on about.

I just leave desktops on all the time and hibernate the laptop.