Old December 16th 05, 12:25 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default New hard disk architectures

Bitstring , from the wonderful person
Rod Speed said
YKhan wrote:

Well, actually, that's one of the things they were talking
about, integrated flash on the motherboard vs. in the drive.

Yeah, I read the article. I was commenting on your subject line.

Not convinced for most desktop systems tho, even on the motherboard.

Could be useful in laptops.

It would allow an even deeper level of coma than 'Hibernation' I guess
... you could turn the power off or pull the wall plug and still resume
where you left off. If the speed was right (which could be arranged)
then maybe you could use it as some place to store %bloatwaredir% and
get even cold boots going PDQ.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can