Old July 21st 05, 04:50 AM
DaveL

Hey, that's my fix! Yeah, I'm a cheap sob. But an 80mm is usually too
big. 50mm usually is a good fit.

DaveL

"First of One" wrote in message
The cheapest way is to remove the fan but retain the original heat sink,
then zip-tie a 80 mm case fan to the opening.

For a more elegant solution, buy an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer4.

"dawg" don't wrote in message
I'm having heat problems with my evga FX 5900. The fan works but doesn't
go
into highspeed when it gets hot. Picture will get dark then go black.
I don't want to invest more than I have to for a replacement fan.Less
than
$20 if possible. Thanks