Old April 14th 13, 09:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Paul

Default do 2560x1080 displays have an alphabetic *GA name yet?

BW wrote:
Most resolutions have a designation such as WXGA, QXGA, WSVGA, HD et
cetera.
I have only seen the 2580x1080 referred to as "wide HD" or "ultrawide"
in some reviews
and adverts.
Has VESA or whoever given up assigning names to these things?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic...lay_resolution

"...and UW-UXGA that has 2560×1080 pixels"

At first I thought maybe Wikipedia made it up, but I can see products
with it. And Dell made a monitor too, although they didn't mention UWUXGA
in their blurb.

http://www.mea.philips.com/c/televis...specifications

Paul