Old January 3rd 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 7800gtx

benjamin schrieb:

I've heard of a lot of softie pros groaning abt their loads of work
(Here). Most of them don't even spend their time with their family.It
seems being a softie pro is after all a bitch.

That's true, at least for most programmer positions. Often enough a
programmer is barely more than a secretary, and often also paid the same...

(I'm ready to take the
risks, cause i wanna be one *an animator or a game developer or
somethin' of that sort.*)

Well, that's probably something different as is most work in art and
entertainment. Certainly not quite comparable to a programmer that is
working on the next office package...

Working in the art and entertainment market isn't a bad idea at all, if
you have something like a creative side (I for example don't). There
always is room for games, especially if you are aware that gfx isn't
everything and that gameplay is much more important...

What i exactly meant by personal info was ur age,married or single. or
somethin' of that sort, not the place where u work in,(I'm least
interested in that any way,*But I'm sure interested in the super comp,
u talked abt.Can u explain what u use it for?*)

We do different things on them, mostly it's doing CFD (Computational
Fluid Dynamics, which means calculating and simulating the flow of
liquids/gasses over surfaces and the resulting effects; we need it for
aerospace purposes)...

did u say "SNOW"?
Boy i love snow!! cause i've never seen snow. Here even winter seems
like summer (a lot) And the summer....Dont even have to talk abt it.

You can't believe how I envy you ;-) Sow is great for most tourists we
have here because they come here for skying and such for a few days and
then go back wherever they live with less or even no snow. But if you
have to live there you usually get fed up very fast with the white cure...

Sure. Mainly single player fps (like HL2, FEAR, GTA etc) and also some
few 3D RPGs like Vampire or GTA ;-)

Dude, way to go!!! I JUS' LOVE GTA Series, right now I'm playing GTA
SA. I guess u've finished it

Yuo, but still play around with it (one of the great things in GTA is
that even if you finished the gameplay itself you still can do things in
the environment). Actually I'm playing GTA VC again...

(By the way, Did u enjoy the HOT
coffe....).

No, I never installed it. IMHO it's nothing that adds to much to the
game fun, at least for me...

have a total collection of the series,(well jus' kick off
those GTA 2,and london edition.....)

I only have GTA III, VC and SA. But I really love them...

And My personal favourites are
maxPAyne2,Doom3,NFS MW, POP:TTT(The two thrones )Im playin' it right
now.(I also collect the PoP series...)I think we both have the same
taste.Even i like FPS, but, sometimes i play deathmatches, when invited
by friends.(who turn into enemies when we reach the cyber cafe')

Well, besides GTA I also liked Deus Ex, Vampires-Masquerade, the Thief
series (well, Thief 2 and 3 more, didn't like Thief 1 that much),
Drakan, and also HL2...

I found Doom3 rather boring, with very low motivation to finish it, and
I got even more bored by the addon "Ressurection of Evil"...

Wish u a non snowy day.

Thanks, but sadly it's currently snowing again :-(

Benjamin