Old December 31st 05, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 7800gtx

ragav schrieb:

The 64 bit processers
arrive...Right now They're a bit costly

I don't know where you live but at least here only really ultra-cheap
low cost PCs are not 64bit (i.e. some el-cheapo Duron systems), besides
most notebooks...

But I don't see 64bit CPUs arriving, they actually are already there...

and the sofwares are'nt much
supportive..(We HAVE got the MS 64 bit XP (os), but they still don't
have the applications like MS office etc....

So what do you expect an 64bit Office doing better than the 32bit version?

) It requires some time to
get mature. These 64 bit processers are just out of the range. They r
no more like the todays pc. they provide full freedom for the game
developers so that they can create games which treat pc like a console.

Well, the current 64bit PC processors _are_ like todays PCs. 64bit
indeed gives new possibilities but more for real-life applications like
databases and certainly less for games...

Right now there is only one game which has been truely made for the 64
bit processers.

Well, there are 64bit compilations of 32bit games from which one also
includes some improvements that also could have been done to the 32bit
version...

Benjamin, running Windowsxp 64bit since 2001 ;-)