Old May 16th 04, 12:46 PM
Nick Jensen

Default SATA HDD Probs

Hi all,

I just bought a new SATA HDD today. It's a Maxtor 250gb 7200RPM with 8mb
cache.

I plugged it in and the system booted fine, Windows told me it had detected
a new RAID device and wanted me to install the drivers.

Before installing the drivers, I went into computer management to see if I
could access the drive yet and format it. It didn't detect any additional
drives.

I installed the Intel RAID drivers from my motherboard's site (I have a
Gigabyte 8I875P, Intel 875P chipset), then went back into computer
management and the drive was detected. I formatted it and I could access
it.

When I restarted my computer however, the problems began. The system would
not boot with the SATA drive plugged in. The only way I can get into
Windows is by unplugging the drive. I have tried uninstalling the Intel
RAID drivers, yet it says that it's unable to uninstall as the software is
managing the RAID controller on my system.

When I go into the application (Intel Application Accelerator RAID Edition)
it now says "The Intel(R) Application Accelerator Driver was not detected.
The application will now exit. Please verify driver is correctly installed.
When trying to reinstall the driver it says "Incompatible hardware. This
software is not supported on this chipset."

Also, in device manager the Intel device is no longer under SCSI and RAID
Controllers as it was before.

I am using Windows XP Professional.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nick Jensen