Old January 4th 05, 08:00 PM
rms

Unless you want to overclock much further than you have already (2.4 GHz)
then a decent air cooler would be as good and a lot cheaper than water.

Agree. I'd either do the zalman 7000, as you did (there is a clone
reviewed on nvnews.net also), or the SP-97 or the XP-97 (think that's it,
the heatpipe one), and I'd be sure to use at the least a 92mm or preferably
a 120mm panaflo or SilenX fan, even if you need a 120-92mm adaptor.

I run water now, after a lot of research I found that most of the (sub
£200) kits out there are pretty crap, and ended up going with Dangerden
water blocks and a decent 120mm rad. You need a BIG case too unless you
want pump, rad and res outside the case.

I also am using an old Dangerden Maze3 with a JCWhitney flatpanel
oilcooler similar to this:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...p-7616/c-10101
with 3 120mm Panaflos, with a lowball fountain pump driving it. Definitely
a kludge, and definitely not very portable. The OP should stick to good
aircooling, or just move up to a Athlon64 system.

rms