Old November 26th 08, 02:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

Default Sata problem

Hi Paul.
tx for the reply. Yes i did that, i tried diff sata cables, other
power, but like i say the rie spins up. i even tried setting the drive
in sata I mode .. but still no luck.

Paul wrote:
wrote:
Hi.
I need some help please, i have searched google the last three days
with no answer.
here is the story ..
i had a Intel Mobo .. Pearl Creek and with a Seagate 500gig sata
drive, (ST3500320AS) all worked well until i upgraded to a Gigabyte
GA-G31M-S2L. now it does not wanna see the hard drive, not even in the
bios. I can feel the hard drive spinning, the onboard sata controller
is enabled, well i tryed all settings i can see to do with the hard
drive but nothing. please if someone can help me. The hard drive is
two mothes old.
thank you
Johan

Did you try moving the cable to another port ?

Paul