Old January 27th 17, 11:10 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

micky wrote:
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 26 Jan 2017 19:17:11 -0500,
"Mayayana" wrote:

"Paul" wrote

| Duster gases are such as 1,1-difluoroethane, 1,1,1-trifluoroethane,
| or 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane. Hydrocarbons, like butane, were
| often used in the past, but their flammable nature forced
| manufacturers to use fluorocarbons.
|
| When inhaled, gas duster fumes may produce psychoactive effects
| and may be harmful to health."

Dang. Right now on the radio, the Beatles are singing "I get high". I
otoh have never in my life been high.

Interesting point. Compressed air has always seemed
like hype to me. There's no problem vacuuming as long
as one doesn't touch the components. I've done it many
times with no problems.

Assuming I was willing to do this, I have an upright with a hose, I have
a small shop-vac, and I'm sure that somewhere I have a little one meant
to vacuum the car. And I have a cannister kind, the main kind other
than upright. This one will blow as well as suck. Which ones would
you be willing to use? Seems to me I can regulate both the sucking
and the blowing by taping some cardboard over the tube's end.

I did put some air in my basket. Two days ago there was 4 cans of
Falcon Dust-off for 12.50, the same price as for 2 cans!, but i wasn't
quick enough, and they're up to 20 dollars now, so it's one can for me.
But I have to put together $49 and I'm 74c short. Last time I was 10
cents short. Definitely running out of things to buy. I can't buy
the air somewhere else because then I'll be 8 dollars and 74 cents
short.

I was given one of these as a gift, and it fits onto a hoover vacuum tube fitting.

https://www.amazon.ca/Micro-Vacuum-A.../dp/B000BSJCLY

I use that for cleaning the fins on a CPU heatsink, and not much more.
I don't vacuum out the whole PC with a thing like that, because it
would be too slow. The adapter has a circular ring for "breaking
the vacuum" and reducing the flow rate at the tip.

Now, that kit is an "acquired taste", and I really don't use all the
fittings on the end. The main hose and adapter are a good start.

I could just as easily, on the sink in question, remove the
fan and get most of the dust blockage with a rag, once it is
exposed. Using the vacuum allows getting most of it, without
disassembly.

I probably wouldn't have bought that, if it hadn't been given to
me, but it did fit the vacuum good, so no complaint there.

Paul