Old April 15th 04, 10:34 PM
Wayne Wastier

XS11E, you are missing out on some good stuff then. I dual boot now, and
when my new mobo and cpu get here, I will triple boot. I love Windows XP
Pro, and Mandrake 10. Soon I will have XP Pro, XP 64 (AMD), and Mandrake 10
AMD64. (beta 2)

Wayne

"XS11E" wrote in message
"William A. Leaphart" endspamATcomcast.net wrote in
:

I just ordered a 3200+ and an MSI (K8T NEO-FIS2R) board and now
I'm wondering what the beta 64 bit windows XP is like. Is it buggy
and is it worth using now? I downloaded the iso for 64 bit XP,
used Nero to burn to a cd but am I asking for problems? Thanks in
advance. Roadkill

It's missing drivers and lots of 32 bit software won't run on it. I'd
use two HDs in removable bays or, if that's not an option, I'd install
a dual boot system with the XP 64 beta to play with and an older
version of Windows (9x, ME, 2000 or XP) to do useful work.

BTW, FWIW, I personally dislike dual booting and will never consider
it, I'd suggest you look into removable bays and two harddrives.