Old January 17th 07, 02:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
derk

Default Blue screen playing games

I have the same problem with the same error message. I recently bought
and installed an MSI 975X Platinum motherboard. Everything seemed to
work fine EXCEPT when I played games, like Doom and 1-10 minutes into
the game I got the blue screen. This also happens when I play videos,
DVDs' online or with a disk. Oddly it also started to happen when I
used Skype during computer to computer calls.

I contacted MWAVE where I purchased all the parts for the computer.
They told me I should start looking at either the memory or video
card. So I bought another video card, same problem. I also bought
better memory and it still happens so im lost. Can it be the
motherboard?

So you're NOT alone, there are others having this same problem.