Old June 4th 04, 06:32 AM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:00:48 GMT, (phil) wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 21:37:53 +1000, Minotaur
wrote:

Try placing one of those snap on magnetic things (sorry forgot the name,
rounded magnet in plastic) it shall reduce the noise problem.
I had to do that here on the cable that connects to the motherboard from
my case connections.

So I put one of those things around which cables exactly?

Just watching this thread, also wondering what the magnet thing is,
and where to attach it

Hmm, I've seen magnets on other MB cases, a simple round magnet
wrapped around the computer case wiring/harness(?), usually in the
very front of the case.

I have an Asus P4P800 and hear very minor electronic noise through
headphones too. Usually it's hard disk drive 'chatter' noise, during
boot-up, lots of disk access, backups etc.

Always thought the noise was being picked-up from a poorly shielded
sound-cable that runs from the MB to the CD-rom drive (for listening
to CD music/sound), but I removed it for testing and the noise did not
go away. Oh well the electronic noise is barely audible.