Old March 15th 05, 05:41 AM
Bob Headrick

VH wrote in message ...
Flip open the top of the ink cartridge holder of both the black and
color and look at the underside of the lids. There is a black spring
loaded plastic part that push the cartridge against the contacts.
There is a little part at the front that is easily broken. Compare
with the one on the color one to see if that's the case.

This model has a different carriage design and the above does not apply.

I would expect that a cartridge that has been in the printer for two years may
have an electrical issue; the cartridges are typically rated for six months
in-printer life. A new cartridge would probably solve the original posters
issue.

Regards,