Old October 27th 04, 08:09 AM
Joe101

Default A7N8X-E Which nForce driver???

I have a new A7N8X-E system.
I just loaded XP, so far so good.
Next, I need to get Ethernet working, XP Home OEM CD did not find and load
ethernet drivers.
I understand I need to load nForce drivers (a.k.a all-in-one, or chipset,
or platform)

Should I use the nForce drivers from the ASUS CDROM, which are exact same as
on ASUS web site, these are the 3.xx series drivers, or.........
Should I use the latest drivers from NVIDIA which are the 4.xx series
drivers?
I pasted both Readme.txt files below. Note there are more files in the one
from NVIDA site.

I really want to setup all hardware on the A7N8X-E card, but find it so
confusing.
Especially I am interested in the HDD drivers as I have one of the SATA
drive (single drive, no RAID), so..... Does the nForce all-in-one platform
driver set have the SATA driver????

Thanks Joe101

********** Readme.txt from ASUS CD ***********************************
This nForce Win2K/XP driver package contains the below components:

Audio driver 3.62 (WHQL)
Ethernet driver 3.46 (WHQL)
GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
IDE driver (In-the-box) 3.43 (WHQL)
Installer 3.65
************************************************** *******************

*************** Readme.txt from NVIDA web site ******************
This nForce Win2K/XP driver package contains the below components:

Audio driver version 4.42 (WHQL)
Audio utility version 4.44
Win2K ethernet driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
WinXP ethernet driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
Ethernet NRM driver version 4.42 (WHQL)
Network management tools version 4.42
GART driver version 4.36 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
Memory controller driver version 3.38 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
SMBus driver version 4.04 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
Installer version 4.46
Win2K IDE 2.6 driver version 4.46 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
WinXP IDE 2.6 driver version 4.46 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files