Old March 21st 10, 09:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Richard P[_4_]

Default Phenom 2 955BE 4 core?

On 21/03/2010 19:51, Stefan Pendl wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:11:28 -0000, "Peter wrote:

Thanks for the replies. Task Manager also sees just two.

I will consider a re-install at a later date.

If Windows 7 is re-installed with the overclocked CPU, will it see the 4
cores?

I still don't think, that you will get the result you like with a reinstall.
Have you read the manual of the CPU and the mother-board about overclocking?

What did you use to overclock the CPU?
What BIOS setting has been changed?

---
Stefan Pendl

Windows 7 x64 RTM
AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2 GHz
4 GB RAM

It could be the bios bit it's very unlikely. If you have any ACC setting
in your bios you could make sure all the cores are enabled in there.
This is most likely an issue with windows not updating the cpu it's
using properly.