Old March 20th 10, 10:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Miles Bader[_2_]

Default Phenom 2 955BE 4 core?

"Peter Geddes" writes:
I have an AMD PhenomII X4 955 Black Edition and this is a 4 core processor?

Yes.

I have run CPUZ 1.54 64 bit and it says that the processor is running 2
cores and 2 threads. I thought that this was meant to be a 4 core CPU?

I have run CineBench 11 and it says it is 2 core 2 Threads also.

It sounds like these programs are just badly written.

[That sort of terminology might make sense with some intel CPUs, but it
doesn't with the phenom. Perhaps the program authors only tested their
software on intel hardware...]

-Miles

--
Barometer, n. An ingenious instrument which indicates what kind of weather we
are having.