Old March 20th 10, 10:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Stefan Pendl

Default Phenom 2 955BE 4 core?

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:44:07 -0000, "Peter Geddes" wrote:

I have an AMD PhenomII X4 955 Black Edition and this is a 4 core processor?

I have run CPUZ 1.54 64 bit and it says that the processor is running 2
cores and 2 threads. I thought that this was meant to be a 4 core CPU?

I have run CineBench 11 and it says it is 2 core 2 Threads also.

Is this right? CPU is being overclocked at 4.02GHz. Would this make a
difference?

Thanks

If you overclock the new quad-core CPUs, there will be some cores merged due to overclocking.
The latest generation of CPUs have the ability to automatically overclock, if need is, so you do not have to change a thing
manually.

---
Stefan Pendl

Windows 7 x64 RTM