Old December 9th 03, 01:59 AM
James A. Donald

Citizen X wrote in message
I recently embarked on my 1st liquid cooling project, I spent
$17.53 USD on the system and am (was) very happy with it. (
http://www.nathanlandry.com/LiquidCool )

Congratulations.

You did not seem entirely happy with it. For lack of a safety,
your CPU and motherboard was destroyed.

Most modern CPUs can be set to automatically shut the entire
system down for an hour when the CPU reaches a certain
temperature. It is a bios setting, which for some strange
reason usually defaults to let-it-fry. I always switch it to
do-not-let-it-fry.

--digsig
James A. Donald
urppO5hKjep2sce9Swu0fEk/6YQiikPAtEH1nR/X
49x+jdNp48OBiQFq/eJyGQbmSshR9YXMLh1TVi9z7